CMX Clipart Creator
Save time and effort with the CMX Creator macro that will automatically extract objects (including text and bitmaps) or groups of objects from a document and export them as individual vector files. The resulting CMX files can be used in earlier versions of CorelDRAW and other graphic design software. In a matter of seconds, you can convert a collection of objects, such as a sheet of icons or designs, into individual CMX files.
Before running the macro, you can:
- Select a filename prefix and output folder for your CMXs
- Run the macro on multiple open files at the same time
- Choose to extract Groups, Curves or All Top-Level Objects, which includes both Groups and Curves
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2018 & up. Not compatible with CorelDRAW Home and Student, CorelDRAW Standard or CorelDRAW Essentials.
To use the CMX Creator macro:
- Open a document or multiple documents in CorelDRAW and go to Tools > Scripts > Run Scripts.
- From the Macros in dropdown list, select CMX Creator
- Choose to extract Groups, Curves, or All Top-Level Objects
- If you want to run the macro on multiple documents, check Process all files open in CorelDRAW.
- Enter a Filename Prefix that will be used for each extracted CMX
- Click Browse and select an Output Folder.
- Click OK to run the macro.
- Once processing is complete, you can find your new CMX files in the Output Folder you specified.